Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kale and Potato Soup (Zuppa Tuscana copycat with out the sausage)

This soup is amazing! I can never get enough. I like mine with a bit of spice, but you can adjust the red pepper flakes according to your tastes.


1 large bushel of Kale, washed well and torn into bite sized pieces
4 C yukon gold or yellow fin potatoes, washed and diced (I leave the skin on)
1/2 C to 1 C of fresh parsley
olive oil
1 large yellow or sweet onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
6 C broth or stock of your choosing (I use a product called Better than Broth)
red pepper flakes, to taste
1/2 t fennel seeds, crushed as much into a powder as you can manage
salt and pepper to taste

Cook onions and garlic in bottom of your soup pot with olive oil until done. Then, add broth and boil potatoes until tender. Add kale, parsley and spices and allow to cook for another 20 minutes.

I serve this with gluten free corn bread, which I will add the recipe for in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment