Saturday, June 26, 2010

GF Gingerbread Cake


I am going to start out with my newest recipe! This morning I made the kids gingerbread cake and eggs for breakfast. They went crazy over it and ate the entire pie pan of cake! I have to admit, it's the best ginger bread ANYTHING I've ever had, in spite of the fact it is gluten free. This is an adaptation of a recipe I found this morning.


My version:

1 1/2 C gluten free flour mixture (see previous entry for the recipe for this)
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1/3 C sucanut (you can use raw honey, agave or even cut back on the sweetener a bit)
1/4 C softened butter or smart balance (NOT melted!)
1/2 C molasses
1 egg
1/4 C hot water

Combine dry ingredients in mixer. Add butter, egg, molasses and hot water over top of dry ingredients, mix on medium high until all is well incorporated. Bake in a greased pie pan for about 25 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment